Monday, March 5, 2012

Flashback: ISS pro Evolution

This is like number 2 on my Best Soccer Games Ever list. Since I played ISS pro Evo I never looked at soccer simulations the same way. I did not play ISS pro and ISS pro 98 before, so the shock was even bigger. I've spend hours playing different cups and leagues mostly with Poland, wich sucked preety much in the game. I create Olisadebe in the edit mode and ad him to Poland team as he was given citizenship at the time and become a national hero for a while. With Olisadabe I was able to achive decent results (he was not all 99 as you may think but he was fast and had some good dribbling and shooting). I realy loved playing the International Cup, that was ISS wersion of World Cup and can't even count how many times a won it playing lots of great and memorful games mostly with Brazil, France, Holland, Italy etc.

I tried the Master League at the begining but it was to hard for me so I left it for some time. After about a year I decided to try againg. I choose Bayern Munchen, wich does not matter any way, becouse the point of that challenge is to built a dream team out of nothing. So you get yourself bunch of amatours and by winning matches get points to buy players. I read somwhere that it's best tu buy Patrick Mboma (bit different name in the game due to lack of license), so I did. He really was a good scorer and my team finally start to win some serious games, but it was other player who put me in top of the league. I'm talking about the young cameronian striker - Semau. Never heard of him? If you played the Master League in that game you shoulde have. He is not the best skill player but he is fast as hell, so if you know how to score goals in this game he will be able to easy get to good chances mostly one-on-one with the keeper and the rest is up to you. Semau and Mboma give mi high position in first season and good amount of points that let me get more serious players.

After that I bought Kahn as a goalkeeper, Roberto Carlos and Jarni as deffenders, Figo in the middle and Ronaldo as replacment for Mboma. After few seasons I got the squad that win everything I wanted with no problem. Few years ago I came back to this game and start playing as Liverpool, pretty much the same strategy but I bought Amokachi instead of Mboma, it was a bullseye transfer. So if you are playing Master League in ISS pro Evolution be sure to buy Semau at first (really cheap guy) and then support him with Amokachi or Mboma those guys will get you some trophies.

Master League was very simple back then. No different divisions, just one league, 16 clubs to choose from no Cups or Champions Cups, no condition etc.

As I said at the beginning, this is one of my favourite games ever and I've spent many, many fun hours playing it alone or with my friend.

P.S. - Look at the cutscene that you get when you win some cup or league, isn't thats what you deserve after all the effort you put into game, why all modern games don't have a decent decoration animations for God sake!?

No comments:

Post a Comment